On Monday 9th September we held our Annual General Meeting.
It was good to review last year. We were involved in a number of activities, raising money for the school through these:
• Bake ‘n’ Takes (held in October, March, May and July) £376.70
• Christmas Fayre £411.04
• Beauty Evenings £92.00
• Channel Challenge Sponsored Swim £357.82
• Bag2School Recycling Days (November) £150.00
We used these monies to help school:
• Y11 Leavers’ books £67.12
• Drama equipment for Primary & Senior departments £140.64
• Printer/ ICT equipment £367.19
• House badges £112.44
• Ice-cream for pupils on Sports Day £48.00
That leaves us with £1300 to start the new academic year and we are going to need to raise a lot of money this year to help with the refurbishment of the outdoor play area which is our main project for the year! More details to follow shortly.
We enjoyed planning events for the coming term, including:
* Bake 'n' Take on Monday 21st October
* Bag2School Recycling Day on Thursday 14th November
* Christmas Fayre (date to be confirmed).
We hope you will be able to come along to these events and support us so that we can continue to improve the school facilities and help pupils to enjoy their time at Hope House School.